Reinstalling LabelWriter® on Windows
Following guide Solution for the following issues:
- Error – Printing’ message.
- LabelWriter not printing.
- ‘Error - Out of Paper’ message.
Please follow steps below to reinstall you LabelWriter:
1. Remove both the power and the USB cable from the back
of your LabelWriter.
2. Remove the labels from the feed path (use the black
release lever located on the left-hand side).
3. Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and
4. Right-click on LabelWriter and select See what’s
5. If there is anything in the queue cancel it by
selecting 'Cancel All Documents' in 'Printer' tab or right-click
on each document and select 'Cancel’.
6. Remove LabelWriter from Devices and Printers
(Right-click on the LabelWriter listed under the printer heading and select
Remove Device). Administrator rights are required.
7. Press the Windows key + R and type in services.msc
and press Enter or type ‘Services’ in Windows search.
8. Go to Services right-click on Print
Spooler and select Restart.
9. Go to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Devices and
Printers Left-Click once on any printer on the list and select Print
10. Go to Drivers Tab and select LabelWriter.
Remove it using the Remove button on the bottom of the window.
11. Select ‘Remove driver only.’ in the pop-up
window and select ‘OK’. Confirm deleting the drivers by selecting ‘Yes”.
12. Re-attach the power cable to the LabelWriter.
13. Re-insert the labels into the feed path. Please see
the guide: How to load a label roll in a DYMO LabelWriter
14. Re-attach the USB cable (ensure that it is connected
to the computer).
15. LabelWriter should be ready to use.